Monday, September 11, 2006

A Professor at one of the IIM's was explaining marketing concepts

A Professor at one of the IIM's was explaining marketing concepts to the Students:-

1 You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!"
- That's Direct Marketing

2 You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.
One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says: "He's very rich. Marry him."
- That's Advertising

3 You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say: "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me."
- That's Telemarketing

4 You're at a party and see gorgeous girl.
You get up and straighten your tie,you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of the car)for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride and then say:By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?"
- That's Public Relations

5 You're at a party and see gorgeous girl.
She walks up to you and says: You are very rich! Can you marry ! me?"
- That's B rand Recognition

6 You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say:I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
- That's Customer Feedback

7 You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her husband.
-That's demand and supply gap

8 You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and before you say anything, another person come and tell her: "I'm rich. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him
- That's competition eating into your market share

9 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say: "I'm rich, Marry me!" your wife arrives.
- That's restriction for entering new markets

Thanks Ganesh

0 comments: