Friday, April 10, 2009

If you think you can - you can

On his first day, as President, Abraham Lincoln entered to give his inaugural address, just in the middle, one man stood up. He was a rich aristocrat. He said, "Mr.Lincoln, you should not forget that your father used to make shoes for my family". And the whole Senate laughed; they thought they had made a fool of Abraham Lincoln.

But Lincoln – and that type of people are made of totally different mettle, looked at the man and said, "Sir, I know that my father used to make shoes for your family, and there will be many others here ……..because the way he made shoes: nobody else can. He was a creator. His shoes were not just shoes, he poured his whole soul into it. I want to ask you, have you any complaint? Because I know how to make shoes myself; if you have any complaint I can make another pair of shoes. But as far as I know, nobody has ever complained about my father's shoes. He was a genius, a creator and I am proud of my father".

The entire Senate was struck dumb. They could not understand what kind of man Abraham Lincoln was. He had made shoe making an art, a creativity. And he was proud because his father did the job so well that not even a single complaint had ever been heard.


Moral:

It does not matter what you do. What matters is how you do it – of your own accord, with your own vision, with your own love. Then what ever you touch becomes gold.

"If you think you can - you can !
If you think you can not - you can not !
And either way........you are right !"

0 comments: